- You get to sleep – no more 1am chats about life.
- You lose weight – no more watching films together and snacking on tortilla chips.
- You have time alone with your partner – no more interruptions.
- You can do what YOU want every Saturday – no more taking them to lessons or launching water rockets in a field.
- You face yourself – no more avoiding the question, “Who am I really?”
- You encounter hope – no more little hands to hold. You can hold onto God.
Tag Archives: letting go of children
Parents might think their children belong to them. They might think children are there to make them happy. But that only turns children into possessions.
One father in the Bible said something different. “These are the children God has graciously given…” (Genesis 33:5) He realized that every child is not a thing to be possessed. Children are a gift from God, to be treated with respect.
God added his perspective for parents. He said, “All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.” (Isaiah 54:13) God is our children’s principle teacher. Let’s listen to what God is teaching and affirm that to our children.